cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing ant from distribution?
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:04:00 GMT

Le Dimanche, 15 fév 2004, à 15:41 Europe/Zurich, Stefano Mazzocchi a
écrit :

> What if, instead of going thru the hassle of upgrading ant everytime
> we remove it and pretend people have it installed? I think everybody
> has ant installed by now. (in case they have 1.5.x, we could ship the
> <import> task only)

I'm -1 as long as we don't ship binaries. Requiring (the correct
version of) ant to be installed might create a bad first impression.

You're right that most java developers have ant installed by now, but
there are many use cases of Cocoon which do not require people to write
java code and as such address a different audience.

-Bertrand