cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Hochsteger Andreas /INFO-MA <Andreas.Hochste...@oeamtc.at>
Subject RE: [RT] rethinking the cache storage system
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:59:04 GMT
Wouldn't it then be possible to serve valid content directly from the apache
webserver by using the cache on the disk?
You get the best performance boost, if you don't have to bother cocoon at
all.
But I think the problem is: How does Apache know, if the content is still
valid? :-(
Perhaps it would be only a solution for dynamically generated binary files
(images, pdfs, ...) where you know beforehand that they are valid for a
certain time.

Thoughts?