cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Database.js
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:24:54 GMT
On 16 Feb 2004, at 15:16, Kelly wrote:

> I am also looking for a snippet of sample code
> without the weight of the Petstore example to open a connection to
> cocoon.xconfig-defined pool.

This is ancient, untested against current Cocoon HEAD, and code I wrote
without people keeping my hands off the keyboard, so caveat emptor.

cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/woody/flow/javascript/
woody.js");
cocoon.load("resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/
Database.js");

function form(form) {

     [...]

     var conn = getConnection("gt2003");

     try {

         if (checkRecordInDatabase(model.email, conn) == true) {

            var pipeline = "registration/" + eventid + "/duplicate";
            cocoon.sendPage(pipeline, {"email": model.email});

         }
         else {

             [...]

             addRecord(registration, conn);

             [...]

        }

     } finally {

         conn.close();

     }
}

[...]

function getConnection(id) {
   return Database.getConnection(id)
}

function addRecord(registration, conn) {

     var updatestmt = "INSERT INTO registration " +
         "(fname, lname, company, address, city, zip, country, tel, fax,
email, eventid, hash, event6th, event7th) " +

     conn.update(updatestmt, registration.asInsertValues());

}

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org