cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: XML-Relational Mapping (Was: USQL)
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:16:54 GMT
it seems to me the embedded Xindice option should work pretty
painlessly for most simple persistence needs. If it is hard to use, the
better option may be to look at how to make it easier to use. If an XML
-> rdmbs automapper and schema generator is needed it seems a lot like
reinventing a new backend for an xml database.

-Brian

On Feb 24, 2004, at 10:21 PM, roy huang wrote:

> It sounds good.I think many application just use very simple
> database,I saw application just use one or two table for data storage
> only.
> If we(beginners ;)) can just using mapping to combine xml and database
> for select/add/update/delete,life is much easier with cocoon.
> +1
>
> Roy Huang

>>> applications. I like the combination of OR-Mapping/CForms/Flow but