cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Guido Casper <gcas...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: workflow block commited
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:52:26 GMT
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> hi,
>
> the lenya community has developed a lightweight workflow that we thought
> would make more sense as a cocoon block, especially given that other cms
> built on cocoon have shown interest in using it (hi arje :). i split out
> the generic part and made it into a (unstable) block. it is disabled by
> default.
>
> discussion
> ==========
> http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=lenya-dev@cocoon.apache.org&by=thread&from=653774

> documentation
> =============
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/workflow/terms.html
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/workflow/state-machine.html
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/workflow/configuration.html
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/workflow/implementation.html
>
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaWorkflow
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaWorkflowAPI
>
> issues
> ======
> * the block only compiles with jdk 1.4 (it uses assertions)
>   you need to set source=1.4 in ant to make it compile..
> * there are currently no samples
>
> to do
> =====
> * remove assertions?
> * build a sample based on usage within lenya
>   lenya integration is done via:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/apidocs/org/apache/lenya/cms/workflow/package-summary.html

>   for the lenya integration
> * change package from o.a.lenya.workflow to o.a.cocoon.workflow
> * move o.a.lenya.xml classes somewhere else?
>
> we are looking forward to your comments :)

I reasonate with this todo list :-)
But I think a small sample OUTSIDE of a Lenya context would be good.

I would be grateful for a description of a simple use case (so a
generalized workflow abstraction may be discussed) how this workflow
package is intended to be used.

Maybe Carsten's concerns can be eased a little by growing from this
simple use case rather than throwing in a rather complex (though you say
lightweight) package.

Thanks
Guido