cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/eventcache/java/org/apache/cocoon/caching/impl StoreEventRegistryImpl.java DefaultEventRegistryImpl.java
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:30:45 GMT

Unico Hommes wrote:

<snip/>

>> Ok, I committed my changes - you may want to check it out.  I don't
>> think this one introduced any new functionality.  However, one thing
>> came to light (again).  With (at least) the jetty setup used in
>> cocoon.sh servlet the persistent cache does not persist between
>> startups.  The cache dir seems to be the same, but cached items aren't
>> found.  I haven't worked out if its a Store bug, or the old Jetty
>> non-reuse of work directory issue.
>>

> Should be the latter. This is a matter of tweeking the settings in
> cocoon.xconf and web.xml.
>
> It may be worth changing the default settings so that caching will work
> out-of-the-box with Jetty. Uncomment the 'cache-directory' parameter in
> web.xml?

Hmm, but it seems Jisp is doing the bad thing again. Upon storage it
keeps saying:

ERROR   (2004-02-29) 14:23.34:294   [core.store.persistent]
(Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/AbstractJispFilesystemStore: store(..):
Exception
java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor
	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.length(Native Method)
	at
com.coyotegulch.jisp.ObjectDatabaseFile.writeObject(ObjectDatabaseFile.java:227)
	at
com.coyotegulch.jisp.IndexedObjectDatabase.write(IndexedObjectDatabase.java:199)
	at
org.apache.excalibur.store.impl.AbstractJispFilesystemStore.doStore(AbstractJispFilesystemStore.java:148)
	at
org.apache.excalibur.store.impl.AbstractReadWriteStore.store(AbstractReadWriteStore.java:110)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.caching.impl.StoreEventRegistryImpl.persist(StoreEventRegistryImpl.java:73)

And not only when used by the event registry because these are in my
logs as well:

ERROR   (2004-02-29) 14:23.34:274   [core.store.persistent]
(Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/AbstractJispFilesystemStore: store(..):
Exception
java.io.IOException: Bad file descriptor
	at java.io.RandomAccessFile.length(Native Method)
	at
com.coyotegulch.jisp.ObjectDatabaseFile.writeObject(ObjectDatabaseFile.java:227)
	at
com.coyotegulch.jisp.IndexedObjectDatabase.write(IndexedObjectDatabase.java:199)
	at
org.apache.excalibur.store.impl.AbstractJispFilesystemStore.doStore(AbstractJispFilesystemStore.java:148)
	at
org.apache.excalibur.store.impl.AbstractReadWriteStore.store(AbstractReadWriteStore.java:110)
	at
org.apache.excalibur.store.impl.MRUMemoryStore.dispose(MRUMemoryStore.java:164)

Not having closely followed the Jisp bug thread. Is this the known issue?

Unico