cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/eventcache/java/org/apache/cocoon/caching/impl StoreEventRegistryImpl.java DefaultEventRegistryImpl.java
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 12:48:48 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Unico Hommes wrote:
>
>> Geoff Howard wrote:

>>> FYI I recently re-started making the StoreEventReg default, renaming
>>> DefaultEventReg, refactoring inheritance a little (pulled out an
>>> AbstractEventRegistry which both inherit from) etc.   It's quite
>>> unfinished and I have close to no time right now for "play" but just
>>> wanted to give you a heads up that I have some refactor work going
>>> on.  Next chance I get, I'll try to get it in a working state and
>>> either commit it or pass it on as a patch for someone else to pick
>>> up.  I'd like to close the open bug about the serialized data
>>> location not being configurable but couldn't stand to hack in
>>> configuration when we've already agreed that some refactoring was
>>> needed.
>>

>> Great, the bugzilla entry was also in the back of my mind. I've been
>> using the current default registry in production sites until now but
>> still had on my todo list to use the persistent store delegating one.

Ok, I committed my changes - you may want to check it out.  I don't
think this one introduced any new functionality.  However, one thing
came to light (again).  With (at least) the jetty setup used in
cocoon.sh servlet the persistent cache does not persist between
startups.  The cache dir seems to be the same, but cached items aren't
found.  I haven't worked out if its a Store bug, or the old Jetty
non-reuse of work directory issue.

> Can one of you guys kill tabs in those files while you are at it?

Tabs and line endings should be fixed now.  Eclipse M7 still doesn't
seem to have a global preference for line endings (and I can't tell if
its cvs client can be configured to auto-translate), and zapping already
existing tabs is tough.  Oh well, I like everything else but I thought
I'd give Vadim "fuel for the fire". :)

Geoff