cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: excalibur-component
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:33:27 GMT
On 26.02.2004 20:29, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Now, we discussed this topic, but never agreed to anything :)
> And I personally don't want to also store hundreds of sources
> of other projects in the cocoon cvs.

The way we "agreed" about (it was more a RT IIRC) is to put the source
JARs/ZIPs into the http://www.apache.org/dist/cocoon/ architecture.

> So, I have the hope that starting with 2.1.5 we will stick
> to a vote we made ages ago "Only use released versions of other
> projects" :)

I guess we will never do this completely as for example for our Rhino it
makes just no sense, there is no difference between a released and a
dated version.

Using only released versions as far it makes sense is a valueable goal.
But additionally I suggest whenever somebody commits a dated version he
puts the jared/zipped sources into a directory on the above mentioned
dist architecture.

Joerg