cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <>
Subject Re: ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2004 01:23:03 GMT
>>  Copyright 1999-2004 The Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
>>  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
>>  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
>>  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>>  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
>>  distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>>  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
>>  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
>>  limitations under the License.
> Why the leading spaces?

Well, the old header had spaces, too
...but we can omit them :)

> Will we just have all files as 1999-2004 or do we need to
> determine the actual first and last modification date of
> each file? The latter is an awful lot of work, but if we
> need to do it then there are some tools in the CVS module
> "committers/tools" which might help.

Nah... we never cared about that before. I don't think...
...does anyone think we have to??

> Obviously the boilerplate for *.xml etc. will be different
> comment markers.

Of course!

> Actually i have noticed a trend that people are focussing
> on the *.java files only (see the current scripts in
> "committers/relicense") and are forgetting the big job
> of every other text file.

Hm.... does really each and every file need the boilerplate??
...code for sure - but usual text files?

>>  This product includes software developed by
>>  The Apache Software Foundation (
>>  It consists of voluntary contributions made by many individuals
>>  on behalf of the Apache Software Foundation and was originally created
>>  by Stefano Mazzocchi <>. Please visit the project
>>  homepage ( for more information.
> I think that the Stefano entry should not have special treatment
> at the top, but rather be one entry in the list that would follow,
> presumably the first entry.

If that's ok with him... Stefano?

>>+ and we remove all author tags
> I suppose so, and in both *.java and *.xml

Well, this seems to need some more discussion ;)

View raw message