cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:00:09 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> On 26 Feb 2004, at 17:12, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
>> + and we remove all author tags
>

> I find this just a little bit too reactionary - especially for the
> little known/used areas of code. We haven't had "ownership issues"
> because of them in the past, not? These tags sometimes help to find a
> contact, when questions remain unanswered on the list.

Well, a lot of people gave their +1

I am far from pushing this - actually I see it exactly like you do.

...but IIRC the board explicitly discouraged the author tag and
we also had a lengthy discussion about this. Since we need to
update the license anyway, I thought this might be the right time
to follow the board's advice.

*shrug* we already touch each file anyway

cheers
--
Torsten