cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Coboos <cromo...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Flowscript and return to pipeline
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:38:01 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>Stephan Coboos dijo:
>

>>is more easier to understand than this:
>>
>><map:match pattern="first">
>>   <map:call function="getValues"/>
>></map:match>
>>
>><map:match pattern="second">
>>   <map:generate type="jxt"/>
>>   <map:serialize/>
>></map:match>
>>

>Did you already saw the advantage of this?:
>
><map:pipeline>
>  <map:match pattern="first">
>     <map:call function="getValues"/>
>  </map:match>
></map:pipeline>
>
><map:pipeline internal-only="true">
>  <map:match pattern="second">
>     <map:generate type="jxt"/>
>     <map:serialize/>
>  </map:match>
></map:pipeline>
>
>No matter how they will try to go to "second" they MUST go through
>"first". I like this feature of flow. :-D

Yes, of course. We are using this, too. But to decide, which
internal-only pipeline was called from the flowscript you have to take a
look into the script or create a good documentation of your sitemap! I
want not to say using flowscript to call another pipeline in some ways
is bad. I want to say it should be optional and marked in the sitemap in
any way (with return="true" for example).

1.) This flowscript comes back (it is not possible to "switch" within
the flowscript):
<map:call function="getValues" return="true"/>

2.) This flowscript comes not back:
<map:call function="getValues"/>

Thats all.

Regards