cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephan Coboos <cromo...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Flowscript and return to pipeline
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:56:55 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Um, how much harder is this:
>
> <map:match pattern="listProducts">
>  <map:generate type="file" src="products.xml"/>
>  <map:call function="readProductBeans"/>
> </map:match>
>
> <map:match pattern="listProducts-result-pipeline">
>  <map:generate type="jxt"/>
>  <map:transform type="xslt"/>
>  <map:serialize/>
> </map:match>

Yes we had tried this solution, too. But we have much more flowscripts
than only readProductBeans and for each one we have to split our
pipeline. Therefore the sitemap will become a unreadable size. The other
point is, if you (as designer or htmler) dont know, what function
readProductBeans does you cant decide which pipeline will be called
next. In you example, it is easy. In real projects it is possible to
become a terrible find action. It would be more understanding for the
html-designer if you can say: Here are your templates and with this call
you can get all your data you need. Do it.

We want to creat a more generic way in which the html-designer is able
to plug-in his on pipelines. No we are doing something like this and I
think this is not the best solution:

<map:match pattern="listProducts">
 <map:generate type="file"/>
 <map:act type="listProductAction"/>