cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Robert Ladd <coy...@coyotegulch.com>
Subject Re: A Decision on Jisp
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:33:19 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> IMHO, I think you are overreacting a bit.

Your are telling me what I can write on my web site, and trying to
rewrite history. Such things irritate me, and are not in the spirit of
cooperation.

> I'm just not entirely sure that it is in the interest of our users to
> depend on a single-person-managed fork of an old version of Jisp,
> although your kind offer is appreciated and dully noted. Another
> possibility is to maintain that fork ourselves, but we have to await the
> result of that thread for that. Suffice to say that we had issues with
> single-person-efforts in the past, and we don't want to be bitten again.

So the issue is not the GPL, but the fact that I am not willing to be
assimilated by the Apache collective.

I offered to support and join a collective effort to integrate an older
version of Jisp into Apache.

Now, granted, I'm not even certain you have any reason to be using Jisp
in the first place; it seems that you have many alternatives that would
suit your purposes. However, if you *do* decide you want to "fork" Jisp
from the 2.x codebase, I'd be more than happy to help out.

How, exactly, am I being unreasonable?

..Scott

--
Scott Robert Ladd