cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Robert Ladd <coy...@coyotegulch.com>
Subject Re: A Decision on Jisp
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:45:16 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> As suggested previously: could you please remove the ASF link from the
> Jisp page?

That seems like a rather petty request, given that Jisp *is* currently
in use by many (most?) Cocoon implementations.

I'm in the process of writing a much larger, public article regarding
this discussion, and I will likely change my web site to reflect what
the future holds. The wording is likely to be something like:

"For several years, the Apache project used Jisp; that will no longer be
the case, as the Apache Cocoon group is replacing Jisp due a conflict
between the Apache license and the GNU General Public License (GPL). You
can find my take on recent licensing conflicts (which extend far beyond
my own little corner of the universe) in <link>A Matter of License</link>."

The change will be made later this week, when I finish my article on
licenses.

..Scott

--
Scott Robert Ladd