cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Java continuations
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:37:59 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> ...but java continuations with the compiling classloader sounds
> pretty cool to me :)

I agree. I would also like to try out Groovy or Jython...  but I do have
fears on diverging too much.

I mean: do you guys think we really got the point where we understand
what we want to do with continuations?

> Do you guys want me to push this a little more again?

I would like to have a discussion on where do we stand "research-wise"
on the flow with continuations concept, before trying to attach "what
syntax should we use".

I mean, it would be totally cool if we had

  - javascript
  - java
  - groovy
  - python

and then, just like we did with Woody, we would standardize on one.

But I still feel this is too early to do, I mean, we already have to
sell the concept and we don't want to spoil our own marketing by
early-diversifying that much.

This said, I see nothing wrong in starting a "continuations for java"
project, say under jakarta, that would glue together people from cocoon
and groovy (potentially rhino and jython too!).

This can totally happen in parallel.

And, if anything comes out, put it in the scratchpad for people to try out.

I mean, stabilizing is good, but we don't want to stop innovating either ;-)

In media stat virtus.

--
Stefano.