cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Official access to the current sitemap manager
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:18:25 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Currently (2.1), we have a static method at the CocoonComponentManager
>that allows to get the current sitemap component manager.
>This is useful in some scenarios when you want to access a
>sitemap component. If your own component is declared not in the
>current sitemap but in any parent than usually it can't access
>the components declared in the current sitemap.
>E.g. the SourceWritingTransformer needs access to the serializers
>for writing the content. (Let's not discuss if the SWTransformer
>is the best solution for the task it does - it's just one
>example).

But SWT should get serializer from its own sitemap - don't you think?
Otherwise, if it will use current sitemap, and current sitemap overrides
some of the serializers, results will not be what is expected.

And if in nested sitemap you use SWT and want it to access locally
declared serializers - then you should declare SWT in the same sitemap
too. WDYT?

Vadim