cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Jisp 3.0 moved to GPL licence
Date Sun, 22 Feb 2004 07:58:43 GMT
Alan wrote:

>* Antonio Gallardo <agallardo@agssa.net> [2004-02-20 11:25]:
>

>>Reinhard Poetz dijo:

>>>As our store depends on Jisp - what does this mean for us? IMO we have
>>>to look for a replacement. Any ideas/hints?
>>>

>>AFAIK, we must move away from jisp. That was an ugly move! :-(
>>
>>Maybe this is a crazy idea but: Is posible to replace jisp with Apache
>>Xindice? Mainly because I have concerns for another ugly move (as jisp
>>did) if we choose a solution from a 3rd party again. If we use Apache
>>Xindice I think this cannot happen again.
>>

>Can I suggest moving to Momento?

Alan, whilst I _am_ very interested to read about Momento, I do wonder
if it is what we need for our caching persistence engine. I would
describe that as primarily a binary data store, while sometimes storing
XML.

The cache sometimes stores XML part way through a pipeline, but usually
stores the serialised result of a page, which may be in any format (i.e.
binary).

I tend to think that Momento isn't suited to this need.

However, as an XML data repository, it seems very interesting.

Regards,

Upayavira
<snip/>