cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Robert Ladd <>
Subject Re: Of One-man Efforts and the like
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:25:19 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> there are many ways to describe the spirit of the apache community, but
> there is one that I like more than all the others: "we care about people
> more than we care about code".

Well then, we are on the same philosophical ground! :)

> Now. You, as the author and copyright holder, have the freedom to modify
> licensing at any time and for whatever reason. Here, nobody will tell
> you what's good or bad for you, you know that better than we all do.

As I said in another message, I'm going to ponder the issues (again)
this weekend. I appreciate the detailed responses, though.

> Now for apache pretending and not giving back.
> telnet 80
> Trying
> Connected to
> Escape character is '^]'.
> HEAD / HTTP/1.0
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:11:31 GMT
> Server: Apache
> Connection: close

Point taken, though given the complexity of my personal website, I could
probably use just about any web server. I don't do much server-side work
anymore; my specialty is high-performance and numeric applications. I
suspect Apache has more than its share of experts on parallel coding and

That given, I'll consider what everyone's said. I'll do a bit more
research and thinking.

Scott Robert Ladd
Coyote Gulch Productions (