cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Robert Ladd <coy...@coyotegulch.com>
Subject Of One-man Efforts and the like
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:52:03 GMT
After looking at the archives of recent messages, I decided to join this
group for a short time, given that my work is being discussed.

As a matter of clarification: Jisp is not a database, it is a embedded
engine that can be used to *create* databases.

I found this quote rather interesting:

 > FWIW: I think we should actively weed out one-man-effort dependencies.
 > People have the freedom to change their mind, but we shouldn't be a
 > victim of that.

Change the words "one-man" to "open source", and see how it reads. I've
been in on debates about whether or not to use "open source" code... I
suggest the Apache might want to take the high road here, and judge
matters based on quality and applicability, not broad prejudices.

As I stated before, I'm willing to provide Apache with a specific
license if it makes everyone's life easier.

..Scott

--
Scott Robert Ladd