cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: Xindice filer, Re: Jisp 3.0 moved to GPL licence
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:31:24 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>> Geoff Howard wrote:

>>> Does that answer mean you think a XIndice persistent store
>>> implementation would be a good fit?  As you're involved heavily in
>>> both projects, you'd be the best to comment probably...
>>

>> It would work. Take a look at the linked class, as well as at Filer
>> interface. What's your opinion?
>

> That's what I think. It would work. The issue in my mind is more to do
> with performance. Could it compete with jisp? Do you have any thoughts
> there Vadim?

Well, this I don't know (and I never looked into Jisp source code - so
can't comment on its workings). Do you want to test it?

What I know is that filer is ~ 100kb of Java source code, so it would be
easier to find / fix bugs, if any. In compiled form it will be even
less. To address Reinhard's concern, it could be packaged into separate
jar, of Jisp size or so. So, if Jisp sticks to GPL, we still would have
several options - from JCS to Xindice Filer.

PS What's JCS size / performance / etc?

Vadim