cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Xindice filer, Re: Jisp 3.0 moved to GPL licence
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:11:25 GMT
Upayavira wrote:

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>
>> Maybe this is a crazy idea but: Is posible to replace jisp with Apache
>> Xindice? Mainly because I have concerns for another ugly move (as jisp
>> did) if we choose a solution from a 3rd party again. If we use Apache
>> Xindice I think this cannot happen again.
>>
> Could do. How efficient is XIndice? It would need to be pretty
> efficient on binary data too, as that is our primary use case.

Xindice has a Filer abstraction, and there is BTreeFiler implementation.
It stores binary objects under an arbitrary binary key, and keys are
organized into the BTree for fast store/retrieval. See test for filer here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-xindice/java/tests/src/org/apache/xindice/core/filer/FilerTestBase.java?view=auto

Filer uses several RandomAccessFile descriptors to provide concurrent
reads / writes to the file.

Vadim