cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject Re: Jisp 3.0 moved to GPL licence
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:54:38 GMT
> Hi Torsten!
>
> Long time don't saw a post from you. Welcome back!

Geez ...that's nice welcome :D
(I was only lurking for few days)

God, I love this people here :)

> It is a good idea. I think this is the best we can do. Also I think we
> will need a database to replace jisp, I thought another good candidate can
> be hsqldb (already on out CVS) or - Axion
> http://axion.tigris.org/quickstart.html

(Any particular reason to switch here, too?)

I don't have a very good overview
about what's out there but I like
JCS for several reasons:

a) it's an apache project
b) caching is it's primary project goal
c) server clustering and remote synchronization

Of course they have the same problem with
the licence change (in the future) ...but
they *have* to deal with it too. Why not help
them and give us some more features at the
same time? BUT!

Unfortunately looking at the changelog
and the list of project members the
project seems to be... well...