cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Jisp 3.0 moved to GPL licence
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:16:45 GMT
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 20.02.2004 11:52, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>>> I never went there before it went down, but it now has a version
>>> 3.0.0. That version isn't under the old license anymore but GPLed
>>> (or commercial for 2500$).
>>> Old versions I can't find there..
>>

>> As our store depends on Jisp - what does this mean for us? IMO we have
>> to look for a replacement. Any ideas/hints?
>

> On the thread about the announcement of Momento there was mentioned a
> "journaling file data structure" [1], Stefano asked if it is a
> replacment for JISP [2] and in Alan's opinion it might be possible [3].
>
> As I don't know the requirements I can not evaluate it though.

I did think of this. But, it seems that Momento is all about XML, whilst
JISP is a generic 'binary' store. Whilst we do cache XML, we also cache
serialized content, i.e. binary data, and I would say that that is our
primary use case. So, Momento might be able to do that, but it doesn't
seem to be the main problem it is trying to sove.

Regards, Upayavira