cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Jisp 3.0 moved to GPL licence
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:11:09 GMT
On 20.02.2004 11:52, Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>I never went there before it went down, but it now has a
>>version 3.0.0. That version isn't under the old license
>>anymore but GPLed (or commercial
>>for 2500$).
>>Old versions I can't find there..
>

> As our store depends on Jisp - what does this mean for us? IMO we have
> to look for a replacement. Any ideas/hints?

On the thread about the announcement of Momento there was mentioned a
"journaling file data structure" [1], Stefano asked if it is a
replacment for JISP [2] and in Alan's opinion it might be possible [3].

As I don't know the requirements I can not evaluate it though.

Joerg

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107700015102265&w=4
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107711295731173&w=4
[3] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107712768202660&w=4