cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [CForms] - No @id generation for <wd:output>
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:05:00 GMT
On 19.02.2004 11:15, Guido Casper wrote:

>>> I don't think so. An attribute called "id" has no special meaning in
>>> XML.
>>
>> See http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#id :
>>
>> Validity constraint: ID
>>
>> Values of type ID MUST match the Name production. A name MUST NOT
>> appear more than once in an XML document as a value of this type;
>> i.e., ID values MUST uniquely identify the elements which bear them.
>

> This affects attributes of TYPE ID not with a NAME of id.

That's correct, but we also should have a future validation in mind. A
form definition like Daniel's sample below must raise an exception then.
Furthermore what happens if you have an additional widget (outside of
repeater) with @id="foo.1.foo". This must raise an exception too of
course thiugh the definition itself can be valid from XML point of view.

Joerg

Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> What I mean is that the id attribute in the WD file not uniquely identifies a widget,
let say that we have a widget definition: