cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [vote] Removing Jalopy
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 22:11:32 GMT
Butler, Mark wrote:

>Steven,
>
>Please can you give more details of what the license problem is? Saxon also
>uses aelfred.jar also -  see http://saxon.sourceforge.net/aelfred.html

The issue was with the perception that it was GPL. In fact, from that
page, I can see that there is a GPL version, but that the Saxon version
is in fact issued on a BSD style licence, and is thus okay. Depending
upon which version of Aelfred we have in CVS, this licence issue might
be a red-herring. Anyway, perhaps removing Jalopy is a good thing anyway.

Regards, Upayavira