cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [woody]display error after upgrade to 2.1.4.It may be a new bug?
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:28:48 GMT
On 18.02.2004 07:17, 黄 海冬 wrote:

> I will try it.But how to dowgrade?replace file in java_home or tomcat lib?

Replace the xalan-2.5.2.jar in COCOON_SRC/lib/endorsed with the
xalan-2.5.1.jar, change the version in COCOON_SRC/lib/jars.xml (or
exclude JAR validation in our local.build.properties). This makes the
change permanent, i.e. you can rebuild your Cocoon.

When you use Jetty this changes is enough as Jetty uses
COCOON_SRC/lib/endorsed as endorsed dir. If you use another servlet
container like Tomcat or WSAD you have to do this by hand (e.g.
replacing the JAR also in TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed). But the
environment check you sent found the Xalan JAR in
JDK_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed, so I guess this is used by you and you have
to replace it there.

Endorsed dirs can be really annoying ...

Joerg