cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <>
Subject Re: [woody]display error after upgrade to 2.1.4.It may be a new bug?
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:28:48 GMT
On 18.02.2004 07:17, 黄 海冬 wrote:

> I will try it.But how to dowgrade?replace file in java_home or tomcat lib?

Replace the xalan-2.5.2.jar in COCOON_SRC/lib/endorsed with the
xalan-2.5.1.jar, change the version in COCOON_SRC/lib/jars.xml (or
exclude JAR validation in our This makes the
change permanent, i.e. you can rebuild your Cocoon.

When you use Jetty this changes is enough as Jetty uses
COCOON_SRC/lib/endorsed as endorsed dir. If you use another servlet
container like Tomcat or WSAD you have to do this by hand (e.g.
replacing the JAR also in TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed). But the
environment check you sent found the Xalan JAR in
JDK_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed, so I guess this is used by you and you have
to replace it there.

Endorsed dirs can be really annoying ...

> I can confirm the error with XSLTC from Xalan 2.5.2, I didn't try it
> with XSTLC from Xalan 2.5.1 yet. But it works with Xalan 2.5.1 itself,
> so I can only recommend you to downgrade to this version.
> Joerg

View raw message