cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [woody]display error after upgrade to 2.1.4.It may be a new bug?
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:13:54 GMT
Hello Roy,

On 16.02.2004 09:13, ? ?? wrote:

>  I Upgrade to 2.1.4 today and then I found my found can't display.
>  In 2.1.3 ... "Attempt to output character of integral value 21516 that
> is not represented in specified output encoding of ." ... xalan 2.5.2's
> bug ... so xsltc ...
> ... after upgrade to 2.1.4 ...
>
> So I change transformer back to xslt and xalan ,the same error occor:
> Original Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3411)
>     at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:427)

you are now the second one reporting this error. The first one was
Jeremy Quinn (and your mail reminded me that I wanted to test with XSTLC
too): http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=107167318000003&r=1&w=4

But the above exception should only occur with Xalan AFAIK, with XSLTC
there should be another stacktrace.

I downgraded to Xalan 2.5.1 myself because of the above mentioned
"Attempt to output character ..." bug. But with this version I can use
the Woody stylesheets without any problems.

For diving a bit deeper: Have you done the environment check
(http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#environmentcheck)? What's your
special environment?

> but if I delete  <xsl:param name="resources-uri">resources</xsl:param>
> the page appear thought it looks strange.

Yes, this is the same for Jeremy, just delete <xsl:param/> in all the
included or imported stylesheets.

Joerg