cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Woody binding of namespaced element
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 22:03:42 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>
>> Christopher Oliver wrote:
>>
>>> That is a problem with JXPath. I may be wrong, but if IIRC it doesn't
>>> support namespaces properly or at all.
>>

>> Bad bad news. Actually it seems to do selections just fine, but
>> insertions are flawed. OK, time for tricks then :-/
>

> AFAIK, even for selection you may encounter problems as the prefix is
> used, but the actual namespace URI is ignored.
>
> There may be a workaround for the binding, however: the
> o.a.c.util.jxpath.DOMFactory class tries to guess the namespace URI when
> asked to create a prefixed element by crawling up the DOM tree up to
> finding an "xmlns:" namespace declaration attribute for that prefix.
>
> So if you add that declaration on the root element of the document you
> bind to, prefixed elements should be correctly namespaced.

Will give it a try, thanks. It would work much better than what I'm
using now (a hacky transformer that gets prefix->namespace mappings
from external files and plugs them "on the fly" when it gets a null
or empty nsURI for a qualified start/endElement). Actually, however,
my problem was in SAX parsing to a SourcePropWritingTransfomer,
where I got a DOM Namespace error. Will see if your workaround fixex
that.

Thanks so much,

--
Gianugo Rabellino