cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Woody scratchpad area
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:32:32 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:

>Then please don't tell me that Woody can be used without Flowscript in the
>future. If it doesn't provide all the parts necessary for it to be used from
>the sitemap without writing Java code it simply doesn't provide the support.

Ahem...

Woody does provide all the parts needed for form handling without flow.
However, doing something more complex than a form validation (i.e. a
binding) quickly becomes very application-specific and too much
complicated to fit into the sitemap language, which is absolutely not
intended to express business logic. This is why you *have to* write Java
code to use Woody without flowscript.

Furthermore, even if flowscript allows to write more sophisticated code
without writing Java code, you're very likely to need some Java code for
more complicated application logic.

So please, stop ranting because Woody doesn't offer you what it can't
offer. Or, if you have a precise solution in mind, please explain it as
we welcome good ideas.

Sylvain