cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FileUploadManager
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 21:05:07 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Mark Lundquist wrote:
>>
>>> I've uploaded a corrected version of Nicolas Maisonneuve's
>>> FileUploadManager component, to:
>>>

>>> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/attach?page=FileUploadsWithFlow%2Fcocoon-
>>> upload.jar
>>>
>>> ...and updated that Wiki page yet again, so I think it now gives
>>> the  Full Monty as far as uploading with Flow.  I also cleaned up
>>> some of  the other upload pages.
>>>
>>> Thanks to Geoff Howard and Bert van Kets for helping to get this
>>> working.
>>>
>>> This has turned into quite a recipe here on the Wiki page, and the
>>> "example" upload manager class seems good enough for general use.
>>> Is  there any reason why this component and its configuration should
>>> not be  added to Cocoon?
>>

>> Sorry, but this what this upload manager does is only copy a file.
>> What's the need of having yet another component for this?
>

> I'm -0 on this particular component as is, but am not quite sure which
> other components usable from flow with uploaded files are available as
> alternatives.  Which are you referring to?

Do we need a component at all? We have the CopySourceAction that does an
equivalent job (if you copy an "upload:" to another source), and we
could wrap it into a JS utility library.

Also, the Woody upload widget has currently no binding, and we could
write one that copies the uploaded file somewhere to another source.

Sylvain