cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Removing ant from distribution?
Date Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:38:44 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> What if, instead of going thru the hassle of upgrading ant everytime
> we remove it and pretend people have it installed? I think everybody
> has ant installed by now. (in case they have 1.5.x, we could ship the
> <import> task only)
>
> WDYT?

A strong -1 on this: Cocoon is distributed as source only, and all users
have to build their own binaries. If we remove Ant from the distro,
we'll loose lots and lots of users that won't know how to install Ant,
set the necessary enviroment variables and all that stuff.

And there aren't that much Ant releases, so upgrading it isn't really it
a pain.

Sylvain