cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Woody binding of namespaced element
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:03:28 GMT
... I still consider myself quite a newbie on Woody, but I'm facing
a tough issue. I need to bind a woody form to some namespaced XML (a
SourcePropsWritingTransformer input, in case you were wondering),
introducing an element with a new namespace. My binding file so far
is as simple as:

<wb:context xmlns:wb="http://apache.org/cocoon/woody/binding/1.0"
             xmlns:swpt="http://apache.org/cocoon/propwrite/1.0"
             xmlns:test="http://test.com/test/1.0"
             path="/source:patch/source:set">
     <wb:value id="status" path="test:status"/>
</wb:context>

problem is that in my output I get:

<swpt:patch xmlns:swpt="http://apache.org/cocoon/propwrite/1.0">
   <swpt:source>webdav://localhost/dav/test.xml</swpt:source>
   <swpt:set>
      <test:status>publish</test:status>
    </swpt:set>
</swpt:patch>

where you can notice that the element is created in a correct way,
but the namespace is _not_ declared, so the output is not
well-formed XML.

Apart from some obnoxious XSLT tricks that would get the job done, I
was wondering if I'm doing something obviously wrong, so I'm asking
for your advice before starting to dig the quite scary Woody code. :-)

--
Gianugo Rabellino
     (Blogging at: http://www.rabellino.it/blog/)