cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <>
Subject Woody binding of namespaced element
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:03:28 GMT
... I still consider myself quite a newbie on Woody, but I'm facing
a tough issue. I need to bind a woody form to some namespaced XML (a
SourcePropsWritingTransformer input, in case you were wondering),
introducing an element with a new namespace. My binding file so far
is as simple as:

<wb:context xmlns:wb=""
     <wb:value id="status" path="test:status"/>

problem is that in my output I get:

<swpt:patch xmlns:swpt="">

where you can notice that the element is created in a correct way,
but the namespace is _not_ declared, so the output is not
well-formed XML.

Apart from some obnoxious XSLT tricks that would get the job done, I
was wondering if I'm doing something obviously wrong, so I'm asking
for your advice before starting to dig the quite scary Woody code. :-)

Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l. -
Orixo, the XML business alliance -
     (Blogging at: