cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Woody scratchpad area
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 23:00:06 GMT
On 12.02.2004 21:43, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I also think it's a good idea to considering solidifying the form
> methodology by:
>
>  1) removing XMLForms entirely (they have been deprecated for a while now)

-0 let it live in 2.1. XMLForms was moved into its own block only 10
months ago (end of April: blocks.properties, 1.8) and deprecated only
half a year ago (beginning of August: blocks.properties, 1.25);
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/blocks.properties

>  2) deprecating JXForms (a vote is already in place, this counts as +1
> to that)

-0 as long as the first version of Woody/Cocoon Forms is not released.

>  3) moving Woody inside cocoon core and rename it Cocoon Forms (we
> should stop calling it woody)

+1 on renaming

-1 on moving to core. Why moving it to core? 200 classes and 2
additional libs if you do not need them? The name "Cocoon Forms" makes
the form framework official enough announced IMO.

Joerg