cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Woody scratchpad area
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:43:58 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Some people is currently using woody for development. On the other side we
> need a test area to implement some enhancements in woody that affect
> critical parts of woody. Sometimes it can broke the woody block. For these
> reason we think it is a good idea to have an scratchpad area for woody
> developement. In this scratchpad area, we can freely implement and test
> new features before we move them inside the woody block.
>
> Of course the Woody scratchpad area will be created after the 2.1.4 release.

+1

I also think it's a good idea to considering solidifying the form
methodology by:

  1) removing XMLForms entirely (they have been deprecated for a while now)

  2) deprecating JXForms (a vote is already in place, this counts as +1
to that)

  3) moving Woody inside cocoon core and rename it Cocoon Forms (we
should stop calling it woody)

For people that expected Cocoon 2.2 to make this happening, well, I
think we should get it done in Cocoon 2.1.5 instead.

WDYT?

--
Stefano, at W3C offices ;-)