cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Continuations and memory leaks
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:05:25 GMT
I did some tests with Woody and I can confirm that everything behaves as
advertised. Local variables held by continuations become
garbage-collectable when the continuation returned by showForm is
invalidated and also when it expires.

(I still think I have a memory leak if I end the script with
cocoon.redirectTo instead of cocoon.sendPage, but I cannot replicate
this behaviour in a simple testcase, so I will need to investigate further).

Anyway, I think maybe it's worth pointing out that, if you cannot or
don't want to invalidate your continuations, you risk holding on to lots
of objects for a long time, since the default expiration time for
continuations is 1 hour, if I'm not mistaken.

	Ugo