cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [IMP] Code Freeze (was: End of code freeze)
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:46:20 GMT
On 11.02.2004 16:42, Unico Hommes wrote:

> Yeah, the confusion with the memory bug was partly due to me. After your
> original fix that still had a problem with the reader I introduced the
> bug again when I tried to fix that.

So the lastconsumer null test really works, you only broke it with your
reader fix. I guess you have to stand a beer to Carsten :)

And we all have not reviewed the patch correctly as the problem is obvious:

if (lc == null) {
   lc = anObject;
}

if (lc != null) {
   //always true
   //executing code introducing memory leak in special cases
}

Shame on all of us ;) Maybe we all have to stand a beer to Carsten at
next CocoonGetTogether as the release is rescued.

Joerg