cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Continuations and memory leaks
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:58:18 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Look at Optimizeit and see if there are any instances of
> org.mozilla.javascript.cotinuations.Continuation or
> org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.WebContinuation still around after this.

OK. This leaks a java.awt.Rectangle (plus a WebContinuation and a
Continuation) each time sendPageAndWait is called:

function leakit() {
   var object = new Packages.java.awt.Rectangle();
   cocoon.sendPageAndWait("leakit.html");
   cocoon.sendPage("leakit.html");
}

But this does not:

function leakit() {
   var object = new Packages.java.awt.Rectangle();
   var k = cocoon.sendPageAndWait("leakit.html");
   k.invalidate();
   cocoon.sendPage("leakit.html");
}

So invalidating the continuations seems to be enough. Next I'll try to
do the same with Woody's showForm.

	Ugo