cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Thibault Cantegrel <thibault.canteg...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [IMP] Code Freeze (was: End of code freeze)
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:55:17 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>

>> Le Mercredi, 11 fév 2004, à 16:11 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a
>> écrit :
>>
>>> To increase the confusion :) I think we should stick to the code
>>> freeze as I
>>> see the chance for a release tomorrow...
>>

>> A release would be good as it looks like all known blockers are gone.
>>
>> FYI I cannot help integrating the patch for bug 26753 before the end
>> of this week, but if someone can do it I'll find some time to try my
>> test scenario again (as per my bugzilla comment 2004-02-09 10:42).
>>
>>> ...(I really start to like calling out "code freeze", "end of code
>>> freeze" and
>>> repeating this over and over again)
>>

>> Could make a cool game:
>> If someone says "Carsten says code freeze" -> everybody throws their
>> hands in the air
>> If some says only "code freeze" -> don't throw your hands in the air.
>> And you loose if you don't do this right.
>>
>> We'll try this at the next GetTogether ;-)
>

> Bertrand explains a well known child group game in french-speaking
> countries which is names "Jacques a dit", which translates to "Jack
> said": you must do what follows "Jacques a dit", but must absolutely
> no do it otherwise. If you fail to do it right, you quit the game.
>
> Now about the code freeze / unfreeze / refreeze / release, I let you
> decide as I'm currently too swamped to follow closely the flow.
>
> This makes me think: we could use continuations to model what's
> currently going on here ;-)
> function release() {
>  var codeFreeze = cocoon.createContinuation();
>  fixBugs(bugzilla);
>  if (bugzilla.openBugs() != null) {
>    // restart
>    codeFreeze(codeFreeze);
>  }
>  makeDistro();
> }
>
> Sylvain (obviously ousing continuations too much)

Arf.
I guess it is cocoon.createWebContinuation(), isn't it ?
I say that because you explained it to me this afternoon (GMT+1) on the
white board in front of us.
(I found it funny to discuss here when we are standing next to each
other in the same room !)

Jacques a dit : finissons notre boulot au lieu de pêter un plomb sur la
mailing-liste ! (I don't know the translation for that)

.Thibs.