cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [IMP] Code Freeze (was: End of code freeze)
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:37:09 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Mercredi, 11 fév 2004, à 16:11 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a
> écrit :
>
>> To increase the confusion :) I think we should stick to the code
>> freeze as I
>> see the chance for a release tomorrow...
>

> A release would be good as it looks like all known blockers are gone.
>
> FYI I cannot help integrating the patch for bug 26753 before the end
> of this week, but if someone can do it I'll find some time to try my
> test scenario again (as per my bugzilla comment 2004-02-09 10:42).
>
>> ...(I really start to like calling out "code freeze", "end of code
>> freeze" and
>> repeating this over and over again)
>

> Could make a cool game:
> If someone says "Carsten says code freeze" -> everybody throws their
> hands in the air
> If some says only "code freeze" -> don't throw your hands in the air.
> And you loose if you don't do this right.
>
> We'll try this at the next GetTogether ;-)

Bertrand explains a well known child group game in french-speaking
countries which is names "Jacques a dit", which translates to "Jack
said": you must do what follows "Jacques a dit", but must absolutely no
do it otherwise. If you fail to do it right, you quit the game.

Now about the code freeze / unfreeze / refreeze / release, I let you
decide as I'm currently too swamped to follow closely the flow.

This makes me think: we could use continuations to model what's
currently going on here ;-)
function release() {
  var codeFreeze = cocoon.createContinuation();
  fixBugs(bugzilla);
  if (bugzilla.openBugs() != null) {
    // restart
    codeFreeze(codeFreeze);
  }
  makeDistro();
}

Sylvain (obviously ousing continuations too much)