cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hochsteger <e9625...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: [cforms] XML Binding with HTMLArea
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:36:01 GMT

Joerg Heinicke wrote:
> On 08.02.2004 18:45, Andreas Hochsteger wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>> Do you mean the file woody-field-styling.xsl?
>>
>> I just had a look at it:
>>   <!--
>>     wi:field with @type 'htmlarea'
>>   -->
>>   <xsl:template match="wi:field[wi:styling[@type='htmlarea']]">
>>     <textarea id="{@id}" name="{@id}" title="{wi:hint}">
>>       <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="styling"/>
>>       <!-- remove carriage-returns (occurs on certain versions of IE
>> and doubles linebreaks at each submit) -->
>>       <xsl:copy-of select="translate(wi:value/node(), '&#13;', '')"/>
>

> translate() must not be used here as it operates on /returns a
> string(s), no nodeset(s). But from reading Ugo's message I don't know if
> this solves the core of your problem.

translate() is part of the original woody-field-styling.xsl, so perhaps
it should be changed there?

Concerning my problem I think the best solution would be to implement
something like an XML datatype and some converters for Woody.
But first I have to dig into the internals of Woody I guess ;-)

Or is there a better way?

> Joerg

Andreas