cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Goal of the Cocoon TLP
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:40:07 GMT
Geoff Howard wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> Steven Noels wrote:

>>> Thanks for all your comments & suggestions. Let's see how lyric I am
>>> today:
>>>
>>> "The Apache Cocoon Community Project fosters community-based
>>> exploration, design and implementation of web application frameworks
>>> with a focus on XML pipelining, centralized configuration mechanisms
>>> and separation of concerns through composability rather than
>>> programmability, by combining and adding onto existing Apache and
>>> other open source libraries. It hosts web application development
>>> frameworks, applications built on these frameworks, and development
>>> tools built for these frameworks and applications."
>>

>> Sounds good. Concern though is that it reads 'web-centric'. Whilst
>> Cocoon is 'primarily' about web publishing and applications, it is
>> not 'exclusively' about that. Get that in there somewhere, and I'll
>> be happy!
>

> would just dropping "web" from "web application frameworks" work?

Okay, I'll bite:

"The Apache Cocoon Community Project fosters community-based
exploration, design and implementation of application frameworks,
specifically but not exclusively web related. It focuses on XML
pipelining, centralized configuration mechanisms and separation of
concerns through composability rather than programmability, by combining
and extending existing Apache and other open source libraries. It hosts
application development frameworks, applications built on these
frameworks, and development tools built for these frameworks and
applications."

How's that?

Upayavira