cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cleaning up unused namespace declaration
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 09:40:50 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I'm not normally bugged by namespace declarations which aren't used,
> but boy, something like this just can't go on without me to do
> something about it:

> xmlns:include="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"/>
>
> [taken from my blog output]
>
> do you have any suggestions on how to use the xml serializer so that
> it stops doing that?

A long time ago, I wrote a NamespaceNormalizer that works in two steps:
1 - record all SAX events (using XMLByteStreamCompiler) except namespace
declarations which are stored separately,
2 - replay SAX events, declaring all namespaces before the root element.

This leads to buffering the document, which has a cost, but wouldn't
hurt when the pipeline can be cached.

We could add this as an optional feature of the XMLSerializer.

WDYT?

Sylvain