cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <>
Subject Re: JMS: WARN during startup
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2004 00:02:35 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hi,
> Found WARN [1] in the core.log with "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.exolab.jms.jndi.InitialContextFactory". Is it something which should
> not be happening? Geoff? ;-)

Sorry, it's been too long since I've looked at this, and had forgotten:
we don't bundle the jms/jndi implementation.  And then it's pretty
reasonable to have a class not found!  From the samples description for
the JMS block:

For this sample, the HSQLDB block and the databases block need to be
present. For the JMS part, a JMS service and libraries e.g. OpenJMS
needs to be present and running. JMS connection parameters are set in a
way to work with the OpenJMS demo.

Now, it would be better to intelligently catch this situation and give a
special warning/message.  Looking into it now....

> [1] Stacktrace:
> WARN    (2004-02-07) 09:28.38:724   [core] (Unknown-URI)
> Unknown-thread/JMSConnectionImpl: Cannot get Initial Context.  Is the
> JNDI server reachable?
> javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class:
> org.exolab.jms.jndi.InitialContextFactory [Root exception is
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.exolab.jms.jndi.InitialContextFactory]
>    at
> javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(

View raw message