cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Composable => Serviceable (was: [IMP] Code Freeze for 2.1.x)
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 01:04:12 GMT
Yet another issue: The switching from Composable to Serviceable has been
done to far extent in 2.1, some were and are still missing. I committed
today the files that are very unlikely to be extended (of course only
IMO) and they were all in blocks. Now I have still 25 files modified
that I can commit, but I also know that this can break existing
components that have to be also switched to Serviceable & Co. For some
of them I don't fear any breaks like XInclude/XPointer or the
o.a.c.components.language.markup package as this is really internal. But
for others like AbstractDOMTransformer (that we don't extend in whole
Cocoon) there could of course exist some components that we could break.

What's your estimation on this issue? Shall we "just finish" the
movement to Serviceable, do it component for component or just let it as
it is? Am I just too fast again :)

src/blocks/eventcache/java/org/apache/cocoon/caching/impl/EventAwareCacheImpl.java
src/blocks/eventcache/java/org/apache/cocoon/caching/impl/StoreEventRegistryImpl.java
=> depends on the file below

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/caching/impl/CacheImpl.java
=> has anybody ever wrote his own CacheImpl??

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/AbstractMarkupLanguage.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/Logicsheet.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/NamedLogicsheet.java
=> internal, committable

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/programming/java/JavaLanguage.java
=> internal, committable

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input/AbstractMetaModule.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input/ChainMetaModule.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input/LocateResource.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input/XMLFileModule.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/modules/input/XMLMetaModule.java
=> could imagine that someone wrote his own input module

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/xpointer/XPointerContext.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/xpointer/XPointerPart.java
=> don't see possible extensions here

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/xscript/XScriptManagerImpl.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/xscript/XScriptObject.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/xscript/XScriptObjectFromURL.java
=> don't see possible extensions here

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/matching/modular/CachingRegexpMatcher.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/matching/modular/CachingWildcardMatcher.java
src/java/org/apache/cocoon/matching/modular/WildcardMatcher.java
=> ??

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/serialization/ZipArchiveSerializer.java
=> don't think someone extended it

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/AbstractDOMTransformer.java
=> fear extensions

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/TraxTransformer.java
=> don't think someone extended it

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/XIncludeTransformer.java
=> don't see possible extensions here

src/java/org/apache/cocoon/transformation/pagination/Paginator.java
=> don't see possible extensions here

Joerg