cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [IMP] Code Freeze for 2.1.x
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2004 00:35:40 GMT
On 06.02.2004 20:31, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>>Looking on the bugs on the plan for the release
>>http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/showdependencytree.cgi?id=25321
>>there are still some open:
>>

> I really value these lists and think it's an improvement, but we agreed
> that release early, release often is very important and as long as we
> don't have any real blocker, we should prefer releasing over emptying
> the list. If we in addition can fix all things on the list: great!

It was not meant blocking ... just a reminder if someone has already a
patch lying around or knows it takes just 5 minutes to fix it.

>>o 26054 - Grave problem with Avalon Excalibur JispStore
>>
>>The most important seems to be this one and I would like to see it fixed
>>before the release though it does not affect everybody I guess. It is
>>already fixed in Avalon CVS. For a excalibur store release it is to late
>>I guess (vote and so on), but as we use a CVS snapshot at the moment I
>>don't see any problem to switch to another snapshot having this bug fixed.
>
> Go ahead. Due to the code freeze, we have some days to find
> any potential problems before the release and could revert.

Done - though it was a hard work. I also tried to provide at least dated
versions of excalibur event, sourceresolve and xmlutil, but they all are
not buildable.

Joerg