cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance impact of unused components in sitemap?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 14:09:50 GMT
Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

>I am curious if there is any performance impact of leaving in unused
>components (generators/transformers/serializers/etc.) in my main sitemap?
>
>My main app sitemap uses the full sitemap example from the distribution, and
>so has a lot of extraneous stuff defined in it.  Should I go through it with
>a fine-tooth comb and remove the unused stuff?

The main impact of unused components is on memory, because classes are
loaded and pools initialized (unless you specify pool-min="0").

Performance-wise, the only impact can be on component hash-table lookups
since their size is larger. But considering that HashMap automatically
grows its bucket array, this should be really negligible.

Sylvain