cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [cforms] new validation: every widget can have a validator
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 15:59:26 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
<snip>

> I made no answer to your recent addition to Woody because of lack of
> time, but will do it very soon (it contains very interesting stuff).

Ok. No pressure.

> I do think, however, that the flowscript integration should just be an
> /integration/ and not an extension. By this, I mean there should be no
> Woody features only available in flowscript except those that are
> intimately flowscript related such as form redisplay using continuations.
>
> Sylvain

Of course it's open to debate, but it seems to me that if you are using
flowscript then that is also the best place to put the action,
on-change, and validation callbacks.  If you're not using flowscript
then what are you using (actions?). You can write your own FormHandler
to handle action, on-change, and validation in your action. I don't
think we should duplicate that functionality in the form definition (in
terms of JS snippets and repeater-action) simply because it may be
inconvenient to do it in an action.

Chris