cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [cforms] new validation: every widget can have a validator
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 07:45:19 GMT
Christopher Oliver wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Seems like a hack, but anyway...

I thought it could make life easier. But if it feels hacky, we can also
live without it!

>>> Does this mean like import in Java, so that it is possible to access
>>> the class without package?
>>

> In the CVS version of Cocoon, flow scripts can use packages  under
> "java" , "javax", "com", and "org" without the "Packages" prefix. In
> addition, the importClass() and importPackage() functions should be
> usable now (in previous versions these failed when a script was
> reloaded).
>
> You could add the same functionality to your implementation Javascript
> snippets in Woody form definitions.
>
> My personal opinion is, however, that these snippets should be
> eliminated (as well as repeater-action addrow and repeater-action
> delete-rows and the like) and instead that functionality should be
> provided by the Woody flowscript API.

I made no answer to your recent addition to Woody because of lack of
time, but will do it very soon (it contains very interesting stuff). I
do think, however, that the flowscript integration should just be an
/integration/ and not an extension. By this, I mean there should be no
Woody features only available in flowscript except those that are
intimately flowscript related such as form redisplay using continuations.

Sylvain