cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Oliver <res1c...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [cforms] new validation: every widget can have a validator
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:16:15 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>

>>> My plan is to make some of the most useful Woody classes directly
>>> visible in the JS snippets. This includes ValidationError, among
>>> others.

Seems like a hack, but anyway...

>> Does this mean like import in Java, so that it is possible to access
>> the class without package?

In the CVS version of Cocoon, flow scripts can use packages  under
"java" , "javax", "com", and "org" without the "Packages" prefix. In
addition, the importClass() and importPackage() functions should be
usable now (in previous versions these failed when a script was reloaded).

You could add the same functionality to your implementation Javascript
snippets in Woody form definitions.

My personal opinion is, however, that these snippets should be
eliminated (as well as repeater-action addrow and repeater-action
delete-rows and the like) and instead that functionality should be
provided by the Woody flowscript API.

Chris